Snort mailing list archives

Re: First time snorting ... ERROR: The dynamic detection library ...

From: waldo kitty <wkitty42 () windstream net>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 12:18:49 -0500

On 11/14/2013 12:09 PM, Alan McKay wrote:
On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 12:02 PM, waldo kitty <wkitty42 () windstream net> wrote:
this not loading has nothing to do with you using a precompiled SO... it states
the reason it is not loading fairly clearly, if tersely...

Yes, I suppose it does :-)   But the document I was using is for
Ubuntu 12.04, which is what I am running.

understood... but it doesn't matter all that much as all snorts are set up
pretty much the same way ;)

you said you are using snort 2.9.5.5... what rules pack are you using??

The 30 day delayed ones that I got after signing up for the site.

for snort 2.9.5.5 or an earlier snort?