Snort mailing list archives

Re: Sourcefire VRT Certified Snort Rules Update2010-04-13

From: "evilghost () packetmail net" <evilghost () packetmail net>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 14:48:01 -0500

Replies inline.

Jeff Nathan wrote:
Is there some reason you feel like it's your duty to be a complete
douchebag and shit on this list every time you get a bug up your ass?

Yes.
Any time you're ready to contribute to a large, complex open source
project please let me know.  Then I can occasionally toss some hand
grenade emails onto your list.

VRT subscriptions != Snort, but since Snort (the Open Source) project
gets funding from Sourcefire (I hear about this one all the time from
Sourcefire folks) perhaps you're telling me you'd rather not deal with
my justified ramblings here and would prefer I take my $15,000+/yr VRT
subscription monies elsewhere?  I'm not using it as a dangling carrot
here, I'm actually serious.  A serious evilghost is pretty dangerous.

Let me not leave you empty handed though, so here's some cautionary
advice before you fire out an E-mail; next time it's a heavy-flow day
for you and you're out of panty liners you might want to just not hit
'Send'.

If you can't deal with the justified ramblings of an Enterprise user in
stride and are too incompetent to separate Snort (the Open Source)
engine with Sourcefire's VRT release then there's not much I can do for you.

Hey, but who am I to comment about the quality of the VRT releases?  At
least next year you'll be able to understand where the $15K funding
deficit came from.  In that space where the number is printed in red, do
me a favor and write 'evilghost' next to it.
Asshat.

No, evilghost.  Close though.  Evilghost doesn't do personal attacks,
just witty well structured insults.  You're no evilghost, Johnny Ringo.
-Jeff

PS - Hey Jeff, I would be willing to take a look at the Snort manual if
you'd let me and correct some errors.  No hard feelings.

-evilghost