Snort mailing list archives

Re: Cisco IDS

From: Dave Breiland <superdave () dynamicis com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 14:48:42 -0800

sp0ng3b0b wrote:

Alex Butcher, ISC/ISYS wrote:

If I remember correctly, back in 2002, they were only 1.7GHz Celeron Dell Poweredge machines running Solaris x86 (and with the Dell logo covered with a black sticker - the Dell asset tag sticker dropped a big hint, though).

Even worse, Dell PowerWebApps. Heavliy customized version of snort.
CSPM was such a terrible piece of software.

A Dell friend of mine said that it is likely Cisco will stop using Dell equipment for their platform... as Cisco got a little upset when Dell started selling their own networking equipment. Basically a political issue. I'm not sure if this will actually happen or not though...