Snort mailing list archives

RE: Cisco IDS

From: Theodore Stout <theodorestout () yahoo com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 20:26:47 -0800 (PST)

Joe,

Yeah I am talking about the IDSM-2 Module.

Only $20k??  No way!  It is way more than that, at
least it is here in Japan.  Last time I got a quote on
it, the price was well into the $60Ks.

I agree with Using Gig Snort instead, better yet,
Sourcefire.

This is not a commercial plug but just, it is easy to
use and customers can understand it.  And it is so
much prettier than ACID or Aanval.

Yeah, pretty sells here in Japan.

Theo