Snort mailing list archives

RE: CAUTION: Long Rant!!! Re: [Snort-sigs] Broken 1429.2 (POLICY poll.gotomypc.com access)

From: "Eric Hines" <eric.hines () appliedwatch com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 12:07:27 -0500

Brian,

I will have to concur with Matt Jonkman here. You have a track record of
degrading people in open forums and have done so to me on several occasions
with no hesitation since I first started posting. The first occurrence I can
remember was attempting to help the community make signatures for a new worm
that came out. Your only response was to attack me for using reserved SIDs.
You attack people on a consistent basis and am frankly getting sick and
tired of you and your ego trips.

One instance recently I'd like to bring up was your response to my post to
Sam Evans who was inquiring about anyone who had run Vmware server + Snort.
I merely offered the fact that several of our customers use it and you took
the opportunity to not only attack my post but put words in my mouth and
attacked me in an open forum while doing so.

I don't know what your story is Brian, but everyone I've spoken to that
you've ripped a new hole in on mailing lists would like to see your attitude
take a major change. After all, you are the face of snort.org -- you should
represent it with more professionalism and courtesy to the community.

Thank God someone here had the audacity to finally say something to you.

One thing in life you'll learn pretty quickly is that respect is earned, not
given to you because of your status or who you are.

Eric Hines, GCIA, CISSP
CEO, President
Applied Watch Technologies, Inc.