Snort mailing list archives

Re: spp_portscan2 issues

From: Marlon.Richards () Windalco com
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 10:19:06 -0500

Thanks for the link to the document. I was helpful. What exactly is a
spp_portscan2? Should that be happening on the network? Am i attempt to
void valid alerts here? Please let me know.

Regards

====================================
Marlon Richards
Communications Engineer
West Indies Alumina Company
Kirkvine Works
Jamaica
Tel#:    876-961-7434
Fax#:   876-961-7464
Email:  marlon.richards () windalco com

             Marlon.Richards@W
             indalco.com
             snort-users-admin         snort-users () lists sourceforge net,
             @lists.sourceforg         snort-users-admin@lists.sourceforge
             e.net                     .net
                                                                        cc

             04/14/2004 05:24                                      Subject
             PM                        [Snort-users] spp_portscan2 issues

I have a software for web filtering ( websense ). All URL requests are sent
to the server which then determines if the site is to be allowed or
blocked. When this happens i get  spp_portscan2 alerts on my snort console.
How can i filter out this alert? I am running snort on windows 2000. Thanks
in advance.

Regards