Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort pass rules failing

From: Matt Kettler <mkettler () evi-inc com>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 20:12:37 -0400

At 07:19 PM 5/13/2004, Jerry Shenk wrote:
I'm trying to get a new IDS box set up.  I'm trying to set up a few
specific pass rules for a box that does monitoring (ICMP and SNMP) and a
router (ICMP redirects) and a web proxy server.  None of them seem to be
taking.  I'm running version 2.1.1 (Build 25)

did you start snort with the -o parameter?