Snort mailing list archives

RE: Hummm...

From: "Shaffer, Paul D" <paul.d.shaffer () lmco com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 11:46:21 -0700

This is starting to get a bit off-topic, but felt compelled to add my
two cents worth anyway.  The fact that the data stops over a
year-and-a-half ago makes it basically irrelevant today, for statistical
purposes.

And consider reading between the lines of the disclaimers as well.  You
would see much more even distribution if the numbers were weighted by a
factor of the percentage of the overall user population running a given
piece of software.

Yeah, I think I'll base all my future deployments on statistics used as
a drunk uses a lamp post - more for support, rather than illumination...

v/r