Snort mailing list archives

how to populate snort payload data to MySQL?

From: "samwun" <samwun () hgcbroadband com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 22:06:48 +0800

Dear all,

I've been searched around in google but could not find a solution.
I've also changed the snort.conf confniguration so that it has the
following line enable:
output database: log, mysql, user=snort password=new_password
dbname=snort host=localhost encoding=hex detail=full

Although added the line econding=hex and detail=full to the above line,
but I still don't find a way to see full logging appear in MySQL tables.

Is the payload data really logged to the Mysql tables? How can I know
it?

Please see the following tables in MySQL:
mysql> show tables;
+------------------+
| Tables_in_snort  |
+------------------+