Snort mailing list archives

Re: [Snort-Users] Patching Snort with SnortSAM

From: Frank Knobbe <frank () knobbe us>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 14:34:37 -0500

On Thu, 2003-10-16 at 09:21, Daniél Haslinger wrote:
Hi ..

I've sent this message in error directly to frank knobbe before,
please forgive me :)

There's a problem here while patching snort with snortsam..

this is what I do - and the problem too...:
# ./patchsnort.sh ../../        (my snort sources are two directories
higher..)
Patching Snort version 2.0...
  Looks like a unified context diff.
File to patch: _

uhm... and I replied directly back to you with the email below. Did it
help? Did you now receive it?

Frank

---8<---

Hello Daniel,

hmmm... it looks like the patch can't find the source files. Instead of
using "../../" try "../../../snort" and see if that helps. Otherwise
move the Snortsam patch directory next to the Snort dir and use
"../snort" (which I know for sure works).

snort Version 2.02 (it didn't work out on 2 and 2.01 too to get
further than now..)

Yeah, it's a syntax thing with the patch command.

Hope this help.
Gruesse nach Oesterreich!
Frank