Snort mailing list archives

[Snort-Users] Patching Snort with SnortSAM

From: Daniél Haslinger <daniel.haslinger () rotheneder com>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 16:21:17 +0200

Hi ..

I've sent this message in error directly to frank knobbe before,
please forgive me :)

There's a problem here while patching snort with snortsam..

this is what I do - and the problem too...:
# ./patchsnort.sh ../../        (my snort sources are two directories higher..)
Patching Snort version 2.0...
  Looks like a unified context diff.
File to patch: _

here it wants me to give input - but I don't know what and I couldn't find it
in any howto on the snortsam webpage,
on howto's which describe how to do the patch-work there is no need to
enter information like the systems asks here ...

My environment:

snort Version 2.02 (it didn't work out on 2 and 2.01 too to get further than now..)
actual SnortSam release
Sun Solaris 8 (5.8 on an ultra-sparc)

it would be GREAT if ya could help me!..
many thanks,
Daniél

     Daniél Haslinger
      Security & Engineering

      :: Rotheneder GmbH Schillerplatz 1 - A 3100 St.Pölten
      :: eMail daniel.haslinger () rotheneder com
      :: website http://www.rotheneder.com