Snort mailing list archives

Re: IDS vs IPS

From: Ravi <ravivsn () roc co in>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 09:43:52 +0530

inline-snort I don't know much about, but I think it interacts with the linux kernel's IPTables/netfilter layer directly. As such, it can only work on linux,
Does inline not work with windows!!

 but might be able to block packets in true realtime. (at
the expense of some network slowdown if your rules are complex).

--

The views presented in this mail are completely mine. The company is not
responsible for whatsoever.

ROC home page <http://www.roc.co.in>