Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort 2.0 rc1 Observations

From: Chris Green <cmg () sourcefire com>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 09:09:15 -0500

"Kenneth G. Arnold" <bkarnold () cbu edu> writes:

3.  Once I did get Snort to start, I noticed that a lot of the rules that
had pass rules for specific circumstances were starting to fire where they
did not in version 1.9.1. The database started to fill up very fast with
all of these situations where the pass rule should have prevented the
alert.  When I eventually stopped Snort, only 11 passes were recorded
where there should have been hundreds if not thousands.  The startup
script I used was the same startup script that I had used for version
1.9.1.

The other 2 issues are known and fixed.

Please create an example configuration of what's going on with a
snort.conf, command line, a pass rule, an alert rule and perferably a
packet capture.
--
Chris Green <cmg () sourcefire com>
To err is human, to moo bovine.