Snort mailing list archives

Problem with MYSQL/ACID And Large Database

From: "Maynard, Jeff S." <Jeff.Maynard () banctec com>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 08:52:39 -0600

I am having a problem with the ACID running against the MYSQL database.
This is a new installation of Snort and I am still working on tuning the
false positives so there is a tremendous amount of data in the database.
The problem that I am running into is that I cannot get the ACID console to
load in any reasonable timeframe which results in a timeout of the browser.
I have increased my PHP timeout settings which helps for a day or so but
again the database grows and it starts to time out again.  I end up having
to go into the acid_events database and manually delete records which I
would prefer not to do until I have had a chance to review them in
coorelation to the rest of the data.  Has anyone else had this problem and
if so how did you correct it?