Snort mailing list archives

Re: Problem with MYSQL/ACID And Large Database

From: "Kenneth G. Arnold" <bkarnold () cbu edu>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 09:45:18 -0600

Yes I have the same problems also. I didn't turn on mysql output until the rules were tuned pretty well using SnortSnarf and the alert file. I delete all the entries generated by the events every so often to bring the database down to a manageable size. Someone else posted this reference recently. It refers to optimizing the tables and creating indexes. I think the newest version of ACID already creates the indexes so I would suggest that you try optimizing the tables to see if that helps.

http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/~rdanyliw/snort/acid_faq.html#faq_b10

Ken