Snort mailing list archives

Perimeter Defense Client Update

From: "David Scott" <davidscott () mtgroup com>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 22:36:50 -0600

Version 1.1 of the Perimeter Defense Client has been released. PD Client is
an alert monitor for Windows-based Snort installations.

Along with fixing a few bugs, this release adds support for Windows XP. One
major enhancement is the ability to email only selected alerts (by SID),
rather than a "fire hose" of email alerts. We got hammered by 17300 scans
today, and I'm proud to say the PD Client took the load rather well.

You can download the free client at http://perimeterdefenses.net

David Scott
Memphis Technology Associates
http://www.perimeterdefenses.com