Snort mailing list archives

RE: ICMP Destination Unreachable

From: "Kenneth G. Arnold" <bkarnold () cbu edu>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 16:45:13 -0600

Actually, I think the sources of the icmps are outside his network and the destinations, of which there are only two, are the machines that he should be investigating.
Ken

At 02:27 PM 2/5/03 -0800, twig les wrote:
So wait a sec. You have over a thousand alerts a day for almost a week and there are only 14 sources? All internal? I would run, not walk, to those machines and find out what in the name of
Zeus they are trying to connect to.