Snort mailing list archives

Re: Libpcap library/headers not found and bigendian ?

From: Erek Adams <erek () theadamsfamily net>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 18:58:33 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 9 Apr 2002, Daniel Curry wrote:

  I am receiving these errors when I do a configure?
I have installed libpcap
 336 -rw-r--r--   1 root     other     161884 Apr  8 10:34
/usr/local/lib/libpcap.a

checking for strlcat... yes
checking for strerror... yes
checking for floor in -lm... yes
checking for pcap_datalink in -lpcap... no

   ERROR!  Libpcap library/headers not found, go get it from
   ftp://ftp.ee.lbl.gov/libpcap.tar.Z
   or use the --with-libpcap-* options, if you have it installed
   in unusual place

It's looking for pcap.h at that point, not libpcacp.a.

  This is the second error.

checking whether byte ordering is bigendian... yes
grep: illegal option -- q
Usage: grep -hblcnsviw pattern file . . .

The -q option isn't in your 'grep' program.  You can manually edit that out of
the ./configure script or you can add gnu-grep to your system.

But...  IIRC, this was fixed in the 1.8.6 release.  Which version are you
running?

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams