Snort mailing list archives

Re: Libpcap library/headers not found and bigendian?

From: Erek Adams <erek () theadamsfamily net>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 10:44:43 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 15 Apr 2002, Daniel Curry wrote:

 OK which one?

/usr/local/include/pcap.h
/usr/local/include/nessus/pcap.h
/extra/opt/libpcap/include/pcap.h

Well...  It depends. :)  I'm pretty certain you don't want the one from
nessus.  With the others, I would use the most current one from tcpdump.org.

What OS are you running on?   Platform?  Try doing a make clean before running
./configure and see if that helps.  If not, use the pcap locator options on
./confiure:

  --with-libpcap-includes=DIR  libcap include directory
  --with-libpcap-libraries=DIR  libcap library directory

Try that and see what you get.

-----
Erek Adams
Nifty-Type-Guy