Snort mailing list archives

Lost in the config file

From: "K. A. Steensma" <keith () airways-consulting com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 20:56:31 -0500

This is a very small portion of a old message -

-s xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxx
*** This works properly ***

I (really) have given the user manual and FAQ a 'pretty good' look and can not figure out what the 3 numbers after the colon (:) are for. It seems the I have 'skipped' reading a very necessary doc.

And I'm very mixed up in relating the command line options to the config file. What I mean is; I can add the '-i' command line option to designate the interface to watch, but how would I put this into the config file instead of on the command line?

Am I missing something or is there no 'search' feature in the mailing list archieves at Geocrawler? I really feel like a novice (which I really am when it comes to Snort).