Snort mailing list archives

Re: Lost in the config file

From: John Sage <jsage () finchhaven com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 06:03:30 -0700

On Thu, Jun 27, 2002 at 07:34:33AM -0500, K. A. Steensma wrote:

Erek Adams wrote:

http://www.snort.org/docs/writing_rules/chap2.html#tth_sEc2.1.3

Or quite simply:

    config interface: xl0

The 'x' is the ???  Without looking at the source code (which I don't do
alot of), I would think that the interface name would go after the colon
(:).  True or false?

To quote the reference cited (which I've got to re-read more often :-/ ):

2.1.3  Config

Many configuration and command line options of Snort can be specified
in the configuration file.

Format
config <directive>[: <value> ]

interface
Set the network interface (snort -i). Example: config interface: xl0

Or, perhaps:

config interface: eth0

- John
--
"You are in a little maze of twisty passages, all different."