Snort mailing list archives

RE: Snort rules touble.

From: Matt Kettler <mkettler () evi-inc com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 15:33:02 -0400

Yes, it's also why snortrules.tar.gz contains a snort.conf, so that you can look at it for new things you need to include :)

I'd first get things up and running using the supplied rules.

If you then want to try using snortrules.tar.gz, try it, but be aware of the pitfalls involved in assuming you can just use new .rules files with an older.conf file ;)