Snort mailing list archives

RE: Snort rules touble.

From: "Slighter, Tim" <tslighter () itc nrcs usda gov>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 10:48:36 -0600

On occasion things that might cause these type of errors, especially if
everything configured and compiled fine are syntax errors in the rules files
or the snort.conf file.  Perhaps you could go back through the files that
you recently changed and find the sections that you edited and see if there
is a missing semicolon, colon or parentheses or anything pertaining to
syntax.