Snort mailing list archives

Re: Proper Method and/or Place to Declare HTTP_SERVERS port?

From: Erek Adams <erek () theadamsfamily net>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 14:23:53 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 8 May 2002, Vadim Pushkin wrote:

In this case I will create another var, say
var HTTP_SERVERS_PORT, set it to 8180 and
change 80 in the rules files to $HTTP_SERVERS_PORT.
Does anyone see a problem with this?

Nope.  Since you're running on a non-standard port, that is a 'Good Thing(tm)'
to consider now. :)

You'll want to be sure and keep that in mind for all of the
{pre,post}processors in the .conf file.

And yes, the standard .conf file _DOES_ change between revisions of the
source code.  Check it _each_ and _every_ time, else you might have something
'broken' when it really isn't.  :)  I wouldn't know about that--I've _NEVER_
done that....  *whistles innocently*

:)  Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams