Snort mailing list archives

RE: RE: Installing SNORT 1.8.3 on win2k server

From: "Ofir Arkin" <ofir () sys-security com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 00:24:04 -0000

Stuart Staniford wrote:

Firstly, I'd like to say that I appreciate tremendously the years of
volunteer effort you have put into Snort in the past.  No-one would
question the massive contribution you have made in starting and
sustaining Snort, and the Snort community.  You were public spirited in

the extreme.  We at Silicon Defense are deeply grateful for what you
pioneered...

Stuart,
This is a bold statement from someone who directly benefited from Mr.
Roesch efforts in developing Snort and making it _the_ number 1
security-based open source project (in my opinion).

From your statement it is also understood for people who are not
familiar with this wonderful project that Mr. Roesch is nothing more a
contributor to the project...

I wish to make it clear for those who are reading this list, that Marty
Roesch _IS_ the main developer of snort and the project coordinator from
day 0. We who contribute to Snort NEVER thought that Marty has any
hidden agendas. On the contrary, as someone who has met Marty in the
past I can testify that he is one of the honest human beings on this
weird planet.

If I were you I would send my apology to Marty, to the list, and to the
contributors to Snort.

Sincerely,

Ofir Arkin [ofir () sys-security com]
Founder
The Sys-Security Group
http://www.sys-security.com
PGP CC2C BE53 12C6 C9F2 87B1 B8C6 0DFA CF2D D360 43FA

And yes, sys-security.com is an opened wealth of information freely
available on the web...