Snort mailing list archives

Re: RE: Installing SNORT 1.8.3 on win2k server

From: John Sage <jsage () finchhaven com>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 21:56:08 -0800

Yes, Window$ idea of interfaces by number was a challenge for me,
particularily since my Window$ box has only one NIC but Window$ was
intent on identifying it twice.

With winpcap installed, cd to the directory containing windump and say:

windump -D

This will list *all* interfaces Windows sees; I get three (!)
including pptp, and by trial and error I learned I needed to use the
third interface, thus:

snort.exe -vv -i 3 blah blah blah...

HTH..

- John
--
Most people don't type their own logfiles;  but, what do I care?