Snort mailing list archives

Re: Professionalism

From: Guillaume <guillaume () anteria fr>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 10:29:46 +0100 (CET)

Hi.

I do not want to feed the troll about Joe complaining about snort's
professionalism based on a joke in conf files, but I think that
snort's "professionalism" could be discussed with more benefits for all
snorters based on things like :
- having quite as many different ways to define variables as preprocessors;
- having quite as many different output formats as output plugins (annoying
when you want to centralize logs & analysis methods !!)...

I would just ask Marty : is there or will there be a unified way of defining
variables in snort main conf file in future snort versions, and are you (when I
write "you" I mean: snort developpers team, not just Marty !!) planning to
state about a guideline for all that ?

Best regards.

Guillaume.