Snort mailing list archives

Re: Professionalism

From: Ralf Hildebrandt <Ralf.Hildebrandt () charite de>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 19:29:49 +0100

On Tue, Nov 13, 2001 at 09:54:31AM -0800, Joe Smith wrote:

config classification: kickass-porn,SCORE! Get the
lotion!,1

Regardless of your feelings towards porn, this is
beyond unprofessional.  It is this kind of needless
stupidity that makes it that much harder for real
professionals and those they report to to take snort
seriously.  I can tell you that, while I'm not female
and am not personally offended by these remarks, I am
professionally offended, and I've worked in
environments in which comments as "SCORE! Get the
lotion!" would be responded to with immediate
dismissal.

The freedom of OpenSource allows you to adjust the message to your puritan
standards. Isn't that great?

Have you tried "grep"-ing Windows for obscene words? Yes? You have too much
time.

--
Ralf Hildebrandt                            Tel.  +49 (0)30-450 570-155
                                            Fax.  +49 (0)30-450 570-916