Snort mailing list archives

Re: Connection lost

From: "Luca Mauri" <luca_mauri () tin it>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 20:20:49 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dragos Ruiu" <dr () kyx net>
To: "Luca Mauri" <luca.mauri () libero it>; "Luca Mauri"
<luca.mauri () libero it>; "snort-users" <snort-users () lists sourceforge net>
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2001 8:36 AM
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Connection lost

You need to tell us the version of snort and what kind of machine and OS
you
are running it on.  This is definitely not normal behaviour.  The more
information you can provide about how and where you are using snort
the greater the chances are that someone here can provide assistance.

Snort version is 1.7.
My OS is Windows 2000 Pro SP2 Italian language, my machine is a genuine
Intel PII 450MHz with 320 Mb ram and 10 Gb Hard Disk.

Non-standard services normal running on my PC are: Norton AntiVirus auto
protect, Tiny Personal Firewall, IIS 5.0. I have tried to shut them off but
the problem with SNORT is the same.

Please let me know if I have to provide more and much detailed information.