Snort mailing list archives

Re: Connection lost

From: Dragos Ruiu <dr () kyx net>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 23:36:05 -0700

On Sun, 08 Jul 2001, Luca Mauri wrote:
I am testing the software on a stand alone machine with a 56K dial-up
internet connection.
After having setting the main parameters in the in the configuration file as
in the snort.conf example, I have started Snort.
Immediately after Snort starts, every traffic to internet is reduced to
zero: no data are trasmitted or received at all.
If I stop Snort, the internet traffic resume as normal.

You need to tell us the version of snort and what kind of machine and OS you
are running it on.  This is definitely not normal behaviour.  The more
information you can provide about how and where you are using snort
the greater the chances are that someone here can provide assistance.

cheers,
--dr