Snort mailing list archives

Connection lost

From: "Luca Mauri" <luca.mauri () libero it>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 20:13:56 +0200

Hi there !
I am an absolute beginner about Snort and I am just exploring this program
for a more extensive use.

I am testing the software on a stand alone machine with a 56K dial-up
internet connection.
After having setting the main parameters in the in the configuration file as
in the snort.conf example, I have started Snort.
Immediately after Snort starts, every traffic to internet is reduced to
zero: no data are trasmitted or received at all.
If I stop Snort, the internet traffic resume as normal.

I have no explication for this strange behaviour, please try to help me .

Thank you for your cooperation.

Luca Mauri
luca.mauri () libero it

Amministratore e Webmaster di