Snort mailing list archives

Re: Show alerts on console?

From: centipede <centiped () netvision net il>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 16:44:01 +0300

Hi,

I have found it comfortable to send snort to the authpriv syslog log file, and simply "tail -f /var/log/authpriv &" on a special xterm I open especially for OnLine / RealTime logging display. I use it to display ipchains blockings, too.

centipede.

Mark A Lewis wrote:

Is there a way to have Snort display alerts on the console? Since the
console for the machine running it sits next to my workstation it would be
nice to have it show alerts on-screen as they happen.