Snort mailing list archives

Re: Show alerts on console?

From: Mark A Lewis <mark () mnlewis com>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 21:27:50 -0500

Downloaded, compiled and installed 1.8 and it works like a charm! Thanks for
the help.

Martin Roesch wrote:

It's a 1.8 goodie, sorry.  We're expecting to release 1.8 in a week or
so, so if you don't want to mess with it until it's declared stable,
then just hold off for the time being.  FYI, the mod to turn on console
mode alerts is pretty trivial if you know a little C programming, we
simply set fast alerts and tie the output file descriptor to stdout.  If
I get a few minutes I can send you a patch based on the 1.8 code in a
couple days...

   -Marty

Mark A Lewis wrote:

Is there a way to have Snort display alerts on the console? Since the
console for the machine running it sits next to my workstation it would be
nice to have it show alerts on-screen as they happen.

--
Martin Roesch
roesch () md prestige net