Secure Coding mailing list archives

Where Does Secure Coding Belong In the Curriculum?

From: gunnar at arctecgroup.net (Gunnar Peterson)
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 10:30:02 -0500

I think we need to start indoctrinating kids in the womb. Start
selling Baby Schneier CDs alongside Baby Mozart. :)

I can recommend this book, it was given to me by a client.

Enigma: A Magical Mystery

"Grade 3?6?Someone has stolen the props belonging to the residents of
a retirement home for magicians, and Bertie Badger, the grandson of
one of the illusionists, vows to find them. As he meets the
performers, they each tell him a little about their specialty and
what's missing. "My top hat, cape, and wand have gone, but there is
worse to tell:/My precious magic bunny rabbit's disappeared as well!"
Bertie discovers the thief, but it is left to readers to find the lost
items hidden in the illustrations. Base's visual mystery books have
delighted children for years, but this one has the added feature of a
moving panel in the back cover that reveals a secret code. Children
must turn dials to proper settings before it can be moved. The clues
for setting them appear in the illustrations but are not at all
obvious. With a little persistence, however, the target audience
should be able to solve the puzzle. After readers crack the code, they
can search for the missing items hidden in the art and decipher other
messages found in the end matter. "

http://www.amazon.com/Enigma-Magical-Mystery-Graeme-Base/dp/081097245X

-gunnar