Secure Coding mailing list archives

IBM Acquires Ounce Labs, Inc.

From: rgaucher at cigital.com (Romain Gaucher)
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 16:04:47 -0400

Steve,
I definitely agree that not using the tools were a big limitation -- especially because the web interface wasn't as
interactive and powerful as tool GUIs.

But for me, we had a hard time with using a consistent and actually, meaningful scoring:
 - What is a false-positive?
 - How important is this particular finding?

This was to me one of the most important limitations since eventually we had most of the traces from the different
tools.

As Chris said, most of these problems should be addressed in the next SATE, and I hope many tool vendors will be in
again :)

Romain