Secure Coding mailing list archives

Where Does Secure Coding Belong In the Curriculum?

From: list-spam at secureconsulting.net (Benjamin Tomhave)
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 22:46:37 -0700

Matt Bishop wrote:

And that's an artifact of a lack of resources for the type of grading.
Give classes the support to do this, and I suspect you'd see people get
in the habit of writing better code. Better, use students and people
from industry who know this stuff to staff a clinic analogous to a
writing clinic for English and law schools -- that would reinforce it
not just for the students, but for the clinic staff as well.

This sounds like an excellent extension for OWASP. :)

-ben

--
Benjamin Tomhave, MS, CISSP
falcon at secureconsulting.net
Blog: http://www.secureconsulting.net/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/falconsview
Photos: http://photos.secureconsulting.net/
Web: http://falcon.secureconsulting.net/
LI: http://www.linkedin.com/in/btomhave

[ Random Quote: ]
"I hope if dogs ever take over the world and they choose a king, they
don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some
good ideas."
Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy