Secure Coding mailing list archives

White paper: "Many Eyes" - No Assurance Against Many Spies

From: "Kenneth R. van Wyk" <Ken () KRvW com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 15:52:54 +0100

FYI, there's a white paper out by Dan O'Dowd of Green Hills Software (see
http://www.ghs.com/linux/manyeyes.html) that "It is trivial to infiltrate the
loose association of Linux organizations which have developers all over the
world, especially when these organizations don't even try to prevent
infiltration, they accept code from anyone."

Although I don't agree with the positions expressed in the paper, I still find it
interesting to hear what folks have to say.  A story re the paper has been
picked up by Computerworld and LinuxSecurity.com thus far.

Cheers,

Ken van Wyk
http://www.KRvW.com