Secure Coding mailing list archives

Re: White paper: "Many Eyes" - No Assurance Against Many Spies

From: der Mouse <mouse () Rodents Montreal QC CA>
Date: Sat, 01 May 2004 00:41:45 +0100

I have no problems with someone pointing out flaws in XYZ product
when compared to ABC product, provided:

a) they're an independent, uninvolved 3rd party
and
b) the two products are identical in feature, function, and purpose.

Speaking personally, I'd say

or
c) The comparison is honest about its bias.

That is, I have nothing against "my product is better than their
product, and here are some flaws theirs has but mine doesn't".  I have
trouble with it only when it's disguised as an unbiased comparison.

/~\ The ASCII                           der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML               [EMAIL PROTECTED]