Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Penetration of HP/UX

From: Abuse 007 <abuse007 () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 07:58:01 +1000

Endianess is based on CPU architecture not OS.

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 8:23 AM, Nur Agus <nuragus.linux () gmail com> wrote:

On Jun 8, 2011, at 14:30, Philipp Lachberger <ph_lachi () yahoo de> wrote:

Exploits don't work for HP/UX as they do for "normal" Linuxes/Unixes. This is because HP/UX (as far as I know)
mainly works on SPARC CPU's, thus having Big Endian instructions which is different from standard x86 - or am I
wrong?

Hi Phillip,

I have never done UX specific security audiy before, but yes I have been using my favorite port scanner and tools.

UX is based on PA-RISC and IA64 Itanium, though PA-RISC has reached its end of sales last year I think.

UX have different endian from Linux. It's endian is same with other UNIXes such as AIX and SOLARIS.

Thanks

Prove to peers and potential employers without a doubt that you can actually do a proper penetration test. IACRB CPT
and CEPT certs require a full practical examination in order to become certified.

http://www.iacertification.org