Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Using a Virtualized Pen Test Platform

From: JoePete <joepete () joepete com>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 23:08:18 -0400

On Tue, 2009-10-20 at 12:07 -0400, Jon Kibler wrote:
For the past several months, I have been tinkering with using VMware Workstation
as my base platform, so I can just switch VMs rather than having to reboot.

In terms of virtualization, I would recommend giving Sun's VirtualBox a
look. It does a pretty job without the cost of VMware. But one problem
you do run into with pentesting is getting at the network hardware,
particularly any internal wireless card that you might use WLAN
cracking.

--
JoePete