Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: OOO FLAME

From: Tim <tim-pentest () sentinelchicken org>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 21:00:40 -0700

Hi Erin,

Unfortunately, I'm just the list moderator. So much spam, so little control
over it :)

SecurityFocus controls the pen-test mail server and listserv and I don't
have direct control over unsubscribing dead addresses or bounces like the
Google groups responses (I am not a SecurityFocus or Symantec employee, I
actually volunteered for this gig :)).

That's a really unfortunate limitation of Symantec's SF list
organization.  Fools who send this stuff out more than deserve to be
unsubscribed immediately.

Is there an address we can send to directly these bounces so you don't
have to relay them?  If SF actually maintained their list configs
correctly (which they definitely don't), then
pen-test-owner () securityfocus com would be the right place to send
things, since that's how qmail is designed.  I have tried it multiple
times in the past and have never received a reply of any kind. Is there
a different address we can use?  I'd be more than happy to forward along
all of the backscatter junk I get each time I post to an SF list.

Thanks Erin for continuing to do a great job at moderation,
tim