Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: EXAMPLE: Why OOO is *BAD* [WAS: Re: OOO FLAME]

From: Trygve Aasheim <trygve () pogostick net>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 10:14:21 +0200

Goes into my collection of terrible scenarios...a company that doesn't follow any guidelines on good security at all.

Helpdesk employee with access to shadow files on servers?
Wake up...
Helpdesk employee that forwards sensitive information to @hotmail accounts on request from people that actually say they don't work there?
Hard to belive.

That company has bigger issues than OOO.

Sorry, but it sounds like a fib....
If it is true, then holy...

Cheers,