Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Creating my own personal Linux distribution for Penetration Testing and White-Hat Hacking

From: David Howe <DaveHowe.Pentest () googlemail com>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2008 10:02:17 +0000

Isaias Calderon wrote:
For educational purposes (learning how to make a Live CD distro,
trying to learn more about free/open source tools for pentesting,
etc.) seem to be a "good initiative" ..

But after doing all that, what's wrong with contributing with the
backtrack team??  i'm pretty sure that you can learn a lot more with
them, since a lot of open source projects are in desperate need of
"volunteers"...

Perhaps a more beneficial path would be to list which tools are
*missing* from existing solutions such as nubuntu/backtrack, why they
should be included (including reference to any present packages they
should replace or supplement, and again why) and what rpm/apt
prepackages are available that contain it.

I am sure those who are building such things are more in need of
information than hands-on assistance.