Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Creating my own personal Linux distribution for Penetration Testing and White-Hat Hacking

From: "Michael Boman" <michael.boman () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 21:01:47 +0100

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 8:07 PM, Baykal, Adnan (CSCIC)
<adnan.baykal () cscic state ny us> wrote:
I second that. What is missing in backtrack that you are going to
include in "Subuntu"?

I hope a maintainable computer. BackTrack is nice as a live CD/USB but
keeping it up-to-date means re-flashing it when a new version is
released. I would welcome a 'apt-get update && apt-get upgrade'
approach to keep the core system updated.

But I don't understand why we need yet another version of Ubuntu.
Wouldn't it be better just offering a repository that any Ubuntu (or
Debian for that matter) distro can include and get all the tools you
need? Else you will duplicate a lot of work (I use my EEE PC 901 for
some of my security work, do you want to keep up-to-date on those
patches as well?).

Best regards
Michael Boman

--