Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: By passing surf control

From: nee cee <nc () phat co nz>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 15:17:45 -0800 (PST)

Kuda

i would check to see whether they can access the gateway directly or perhaps they are accessing an anonymous proxy that
does ssl like megaproxy, the cloak, anonymizer etc.

Neal

***********
Hello Group,

Does anyone have any information on how to by pass a web content filter? We
use Surf Control to monitor and filter web content. However, I have one of
my users who was able to by pass this. We tried using a proxy to by pass
just for testing purposes but it did not work. I am still trying to figure
out what other method he used to do so. If anyone has any information , it
will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Kuda

------
Disclaimer: phat.co.nz accepts no responsibility for the actions of it's members.