Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: [Full-Disclosure] RE: By passing surf control

From: "Zach Forsyth" <Zach.Forsyth () kiandra com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 09:59:15 +1100

-----Original Message-----
From: Kudakwashe Chafa-Govha [mailto:KChafa-Govha () bankunitedfla com]
Sent: MiƩrcoles, 25 de Febrero de 2004 17:04
To: 'pen-test () securityfocus com'
Subject: By passing surf control

Hello Group,

Does anyone have any information on how to by pass a web
content filter? We use Surf Control to monitor and filter web
content. However, I have one of my users who was able to by
pass this. We tried using a proxy to by pass just for testing
purposes but it did not work. I am still trying to figure out
what other method he used to do so. If anyone has any
information , it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Kuda

Kuda,

You can just use the google translate feature and add any url you want to the end of it.
It acts as a proxy (sort of) and gets the page for you and translates it from english to english...

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=

Then just add whatever site you want

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http://www.hotmail.com/

Not the most elegant solution for browsing content, but it does go straight past webfilter.
And I am sure there are more translation engines that could be used for the same purpose.

Cheers

Zach