Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: By passing surf control

From: <RMcElroy () mbe com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 17:07:41 -0500

It depends on the system, some systems do not recognize uni code
requests for websites thereby not blocking them. You can use a web based
proxy, although if you make a rule to block those then they cannot get
to them. Also if I set up a proxy on my box at home that I could get to
I could proxy my traffic through my home box and get out that way. Also
it depends on how your web filter is configured, transparent proxing or
as a proxy server itself. There are some host based applications that
will encrypt data being sent out to the network that would allow you to
bypass as well. Hope this helps