Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] MAC -> IP ?

From: Dom De Vitto <dom () DEVITTO COM>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 22:02:46 -0000

Or an unconfigured (or misconfigured) interface.
Windozs PeeCees tend to pump out NetBUI broadcasts all over the shop,
even when the interface isn't configured!

I've also seen some cheap printers not respond to ping, or anything
other than a telnet to the LPR port...

Again, I'd look up the MAC and see who made the device, then start
tracing cables.

Dom
  Dom De Vitto                              Secure Technologies Ltd.
  mailto:dom () devitto com                       Mob. +44 7971 589 201
  http://www.devitto.com                       Fax. +44 8700 548 750