Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] MAC -> IP ?

From: Nelson Brito <nelson () SECUNET COM BR>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 10:50:11 -0300

"Kerle, Jens" wrote:

Hi,

i am watching our net for changes in IP and MAC (which we don't allow). On
out Switch i can find a MAC, with no known IP. I already tried to ping the
whole IP range and looked in the arp table of my computer, but can't find
the MAC there. If i flush the switch arp table, the MAC comes back after
some seconds, so the 'evil' computer seems to be active.

1. is there a better way to get the IP if i have the MAC ?

2. how is it possible to hide your arp requests/response ?

thanks, Jens

Try Cristiano Lincoln Mattos' ARPTool with "-m" argument(mapping).

It's available at:
http://www.hotlink.com.br/users/lincoln/arptool/
http://packetstorm.securify.com/9901-exploits/arptool.c

Notice: It's possible you can't compile it over new Kernel's Version. If you
wanna, I can send you a static version from it.

Sem mais,
--
# Nelson Brito <nelson () secunet com br>
# Security Networks / IBQN - The Trust Company!