Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] PC Anywhere protocol

From: "Meritt, Jim" <Jim.Meritt () WANG COM>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 14:47:59 -0400

Please note that installing a NEWER version of PC Anywhere does not remove
an older one.  The ports are different, but the ones for the previous
version may well remain open in spite of that version not being actively
used.

Also note that the encryption scheme, and the defaults, are different in the
varying versions.

Opinion:  I hate PC Anywhere.

The opinions expressed above are my own.  The facts simply are and belong to
none.
James W. Meritt, CISSP, CISA
Senior Information Systems Security and Audit Analyst, Information Assurance
Center of Excellence
Wang Government Services, Inc.